Restore Full Form and Function to your Smile
Midwest Oral Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery offers numerous advanced implant-supported replacement options for patients with extensive tooth loss. Our team is dedicated, compassionate, and committed to excellence. We are personable and treat all of our patients like family. Our state of the art facility and advanced equipment and techniques ensure that our patients have access to the best treatment for missing teeth. Our St. Louis and St. Charles County oral surgeons offer implant-supported solutions for missing upper or lower teeth. We can also perform extractions in our office.
Implants for Missing Lower Teeth
For many patients, dentures provide an effective and sufficient solution for missing lower teeth. Others find that their dentures make life difficult, getting in the way of daily tasks, conversation, and eating. For these patients, our South County oral surgeons at Midwest Oral Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery may recommend implant-supported replacement options. Some of these options involve implants that stabilize your dentures. Alternatively, you can opt to have all of your lower teeth replaced by individual dental implants and bone graft procedures.
Options for lower teeth implants include:
- Complete individual implants - Individual replacements for teeth (typically involves eight or more dentures)
- Ball attachment dentures - Two implants and a removable denture
- Bar attachment dentures - Four to six implants and a removable denture
- Screw retained dentures - Five or more implants and a permanent denture
Implants for Missing Upper Teeth
If you are missing your upper teeth, speak with our St. Louis oral surgeons about your implant-supported options. Missing upper teeth require a different approach than missing lower teeth due to the fact that the bone in your upper jaw is less hard than bone in your lower jaw. For this reason, most patients do require more implants for complete support of their upper teeth. In many cases, we are able to use implants so that you can avoid using a complete denture, which obstructs the roof of your mouth and takes away from your enjoyment of food and ability to taste.
Learn more about options for upper teeth implants:
- Implant retained upper dentures - Removable denture kept in place by implants, may eliminate need for full-coverage denture allowing for easier cleaning, more natural feel, and ability to taste
- Individual upper implants - Individual replacements for teeth, typically involves eight to ten implants
For more information about these implant-supported options, schedule a consultation with a St. Louis oral surgeon at Midwest Oral Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery. We look forward to providing the oral care you need anywhere across St. Charles County, South County, Lincoln County and Jefferson County.